Here are our top tips and potential pitfalls when sending money from China* using Wise. This service is provided in partnership with a third party payment...
Since we last updated this page, Wise has undergone some changes. We’re no longer called TransferWise, and have undergone a rebrand - you can read more about this here. Not only this, but we have also launched new products! Wise Interest is now available for both personal and business customers.
Because of this it’d be great if you, one of our partners, could update your content to reflect these changes. You can also find new banners in Partnerize (in various languages) that can be shared across your site!
For our partners with branded content, or a “Wise Review”, we’ve added some tips below on 1) how to best reflect our rebranding in your content and 2) how you can generate more traffic to your Wise Reviews with some SEO-backed tips!
Note: if you aren’t a Wise affiliate partner yet - you can learn more about our program and how to become a partner here!
What we will cover in this post:
- How to structure your Wise article
- Add tracking links to your Wise article
- Driving traffic to your article
Many people will have some idea of what Wise is when they reach a review article from searching it in Google, but it is still important to explain our key products and company mission.
Below, you can find some of our top tips on how to structure a Wise Review and how to generate more traffic (and, therefore, earn more commission!).
Here are some simple steps you can take below to help you get started.
- Introduce the problem: There are hidden fees in the exchange rate
- Introduce the solution: Wise
- Explain the main features of the Wise account that help solve the problem:
- Price: Using Wise for international transactions is up to 8 times cheaper than using a traditional bank. Wise always uses the mid-market exchange rate and charges low, upfront fees.
- Safety: Wise is regulated just like any bank by financial authorities in any country where we operate.
- Speed: 55% of transfers with Wise arrive instantly. 76% of all transfers arrive within an hour and 93% within a day.
- Coverage of currencies and countries: Wise allows customers to hold, spend and send money in over 40 different currencies.
After detailing the above, you can then introduce Wise’s products and services, and who might use them.
We recommend describing each of the Wise products in the review to cover all the information someone needs to know before signing up. To create more specific content and capture all Wise-related queries, you can create separate pages for each of these products.
You can find landing pages for each Wise product below, as well as copy that can be used to promote Wise on your site here.
|Wise debit card||https://wise.com/gb/card/|
|Wise travel card||https://wise.com/gb/travel-money/travel-money-card|
|Wise Large Transfers*||https://wise.com/gb/large-amounts|
|Wise Interest for Business||https://wise.com/gb/business/interest|
* Many people don’t realise how much they can save on large transfers with our discounted pricing for high-value transfers! You have a great opportunity here to capitalise on this search volume.
** Wise Interest is capital at risk. Available in the UK & EU, Wise also offers a new Interest feature for US residents on their USD balance.
Our products target a range of customers. From freelancers to financial investors, there is a huge variety of people interested in Wise’s services, which you can highlight in your Wise Review.
Next, show how much Wise helps its customers save with our embeddable calculator widget or price comparison table.
You can also include a step-by-step description of how to open a Wise account and how to set up an international transfer with screenshots.
Finally, include a conclusion that summarises the product pillars and why Wise could be a good solution for your audience. Top tip: if you are able to give a rating on each product, this will help contribute signals to Google, telling them that this is a review (in turn, helping your page position better on Google).
In order to make sure as many readers as possible sign up to Wise from your review, you need to clearly show them where they can click. In this section, we list some tips on how to maximise your commission on the Wise Affiliate program.
To do this, we suggest including your unique affiliate tracking link in the following formats.
- Call to Action button: including a clear CTA button (that links to your Affiliate link) at the beginning and end of your article will entice readers more.
- Link to the word ‘Wise’ throughout wherever it is mentioned
- Standalone buttons throughout the review which include a ‘Call to Action’ e.g. ‘Open a Wise account now’ are also useful
Another top tip: ensure you link directly to a Wise product page (see table above) wherever mentioned.
We also suggest linking to your new ‘Wise Review’ from other articles on your site where you mention Wise, including your existing ‘Wise Review’ page if you have one, to generate more traffic.
The above should help direct traffic to your Wise Review, but you should also consider keywords. We’ve given some SEO tips below on what keywords to include and how in your article.
Include keywords with high search volumes for your new Wise Review article to rank both in your titles and in-text content. As well as Wise-specific keywords, you should also complement these with high-intent transactional keywords.
Top tip: you could also create a general ‘cheapest way to send money abroad’ article, and link this to your new Wise Review page to drive more traffic!
Transactional keywords to include:
- How to open a bank account in the UK (or any other country)
- Cheapest way to send money abroad
- Best way to send money abroad
- Transfer money internationally
- Best business bank account
- How to send large amount transfers abroad
Brand keywords to include:
- Wise debit card
- Wise travel card
- Wise (+ country) e.g Wise France
- Wise business account
- Wise (currency) account e.g. ‘Wise euro account
- Is Wise safe?
- Wise credit card
- Wise account
- Wise review
- Wise interest
- Wise savings account
Internal traffic: Drive internal traffic to your new article by adding linked Wise banners on your website, promoting it on your homepage, or linking to it from other relevant articles
Social Media: Share your new article on social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.)
Email: Promote your new article to all your email subscribers
Get in touch with our affiliate team at firstname.lastname@example.org
This publication is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to cover every aspect of the topics with which it deals. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in this publication. The information in this publication does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice from Wise Payments Limited or its affiliates. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the publication is accurate, complete or up to date.
We're excited to announce that Wise is launching a transfer service to help expats to send money from China.* Wise now supports Chinese Yuan (CNY) transfers...
Wise has revealed a complete visual makeover, featuring a fresh green palette Our new look and feel features a bold new font, imagery and universal symbols ...
Today, we’re introducing big changes to the way Wise shows up to the world. It’s inspired by what makes us different: you. The people who shape us today — our...
10 million people and businesses gained access fast, cheap international payments powered by Wise in 2022 The new year is in full swing - resolutions are in...
The key indicator that we’re offering a truly convenient product is your ability to use Wise without any hiccups. That’s why we’re now measuring convenience...