We’re changing our name from TransferWise to Wise. This guide will provide you with information on what’s changing, what updates are required and timelines. Changes will need to be made from 4th March 2021 onwards.
What we will cover in this post:
We're now a community of 10 million like-minded people moving money all over the world, saving billions and fighting against hidden fees.
We've evolved from helping users just with their money transfers and we now provide ways to receive, hold and spend money internationally. That's why we’re becoming Wise - the world's most international account, that has everything you need to live a borderless life.
In this guide, you will find everything you need to help you navigate this rebrand as our affiliate partner. Including a list of landing pages, messaging you can use to describe our service and information on new available creatives and banners.
Our logo, website and app will be changing name from TransferWise to Wise over the next 2 weeks.
For our affiliate partners, the rebrand will require updates to:
- Existing content where you mention TransferWise
- Your affiliate links
- All creatives that feature the TransferWise brand
All commercials and legal agreements will stay the same.
Here is the checklist of what needs to be updated with corresponding timelines.
You will need to update all your affiliate tracking links. You will be able to grab the new link, if you log into your Partnerize account and navigate to the ‘Tracking’ tab.
Old tracking link: https://transferwise.prf.hn/click/camref:1100lxxx
New tracking link: https://wise.prf.hn/click/camref:11001XXXX.
If you have created a deeplink (e.g. you link to a specific landing page like https://transferwise.com/gb/business) , you will need to create a new deeplink to a landing page with the wise.com domain. You will find all the new landing pages for each of our products in the table below.
Please update any articles where you mention TransferWise to say ‘Wise, formerly TransferWise’. Please see our updated marketing positioning in the next section.
If you have pages that rank for terms like ‘TransferWise review’ , ‘TransferWise borderless account’, ‘TransferWise vs [Competitor]’ – our suggestion is to do the following:
- Update all mentions of TransferWise in the header and body of articles to ‘Wise , formerly TransferWise
- We suggest keeping your article URL as it is. No need to update TransferWise within the URL to Wise
- Update the content on your article to include a few sentences about the ‘Wise international account’. More details on marketing messaging provided below
- Create a new ‘Wise review’ article to take advantage of future increased searches.
- If you would like to create a new ‘Wise review’ article, check out this article for more information and tips.
You will find our updated logos and creatives in your Partnerize account under the ‘Content’ section. You will find more info on how to find and add creatives to your website in this Partnerize Knowledge Base article.
Our main product offering remains the same – Wise offers personal and business international accounts, money transfers and a debit card. However, the names and landing pages for these different products have changed.
|Multi-currency account||Wise account||https://wise.com/gb/multi-currency-account/|
|TransferWise debit card||Wise debit card||https://wise.com/gb/multi-currency-account/|
|TransferWise for Business||Wise Business||https://wise.com/gb/business/|
|TransferWise Large Amount Transfers||Wise Large Transfers||https://wise.com/gb/large-amounts|
You can change locales of the landing pages according to the country or language you're targeting.
You might be wondering how best to describe Wise and all the different purposes it services for people all over the world. We are including some core marketing messages and summaries of our products to help you with that! Do feel free to use this copy in your content.
What is Wise?
Wise is the global technology company building the best way to move money around the world.
What’s the Wise account?
Wise, formerly TransferWise, is an international account for over 50 currencies, with instant, super-cheap money transfer, a card to spend in any currency, bank details to get paid in 30 different countries, multi-currency direct debits, and other revolutionary stuff.
Wise is on average 7x cheaper than old-school banks when you send, spend, or withdraw money around the world. (This depends on each country, please refer to our website to check out the coverage of our products)
What are the main features of the Wise account?
- Balances – you can hold and convert money between the 50+ currencies in which we offer Wise balances. We always use the real exchange rate to convert your money which makes our service up to 7 times cheaper than traditional banks.
- Bank details – we offer local bank details in 10 currencies (US dollars, British pounds, Euro, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and Singapore dollar, as well as Hungarian forint, Romanian leu and Turkish lira). You can use these bank details to receive money for free into your Wise account, which you can then convert or hold.
- Direct debits – our US, British pound and Euro bank details allow you to set up direct debits to pay for utility bills or any other subscriptions or automated payments.
- Debit card – with the Wise Visa card, you can spend in over 200 countries without the hidden fees. Add it to your Apple or Google wallets for convenient use.
- Money transfers – send money to over 60 countries at the real exchange rate and low, transparent fees
- Jars – Money in a jar is kept separately from your balances, if you are saving it for something later. You can’t accidentally spend it with your debit card, and you can’t send it or use it to pay Direct Debits. You can open as many jars as you need to organise your money.
What’s Wise Business?
It’s the business account for going global. It’s the only business account you need to grow and operate internationally — without the high fees, hefty admin, and headache of a local bank.
Who is the Wise account for?
Wise is perfect for anyone living an international life. This includes expats, travellers, freelancers, international students, businesses, and digital nomads. Anyone who needs to send, spend or receive money internationally will benefit from using the Wise account and debit card.
What is our mission?
Our mission is money without borders - instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free.
How do we work towards achieving our mission?
Wise builds products that solve the problems of the clunky old-school financial system, making international banking and cross-currency payments fast, easy, transparent, and ridiculously cheap. Today, over 10 million people and businesses use Wise products to make money easier when they live, work, travel or do business around the world.
How did Wise start?
Wise, formerly Transferwise, was co-founded by Taavet Hinrikus and Kristo Käärmann in 2011. It is one of the world’s fastest growing tech firms having raised over $1 billion in primary and secondary transactions from investors such as D1 Capital Partners, Lead Edge, Lone Pine, Vitruvian, IVP, Merian Chrysalis Investment Company Ltd, Andreessen Horowitz, Sir Richard Branson, Valar Ventures and Max Levchin from PayPal. Over 10 million people use TransferWise, which processes over £4.5bn in cross-border transactions every month, saving customers over £1bn a year.
If you would like to create a new ‘Wise review’ article, check out this article for more information and tips.
We ask all partners to make the changes from 4th March 2021 onwards, with the final deadline for updates being 15th March 2021.
The new Wise brand is public from 22nd February 2021 and visitors of the website can opt-in to go to wise.com. We’ll be moving customers over to the new Wise domain over the course of the week, with 4th March the date in which all new visitors to TransferWise will be automatically redirected to Wise.
We have worked to ensure that every single visitor who clicks on your tracking link (whether it is a new or an old one) will be tracked and you will receive commission once they convert.
From 4th March 2021, all traffic will be redirected from transferwise.com to wise.com. Even if you do not update your affiliate links straight away, it will still work and users will still go to wise.com and your affiliate conversions will be tracked.
The reason we encourage all our partners to update their affiliate links as soon as possible to avoid multiple link redirects (which could increase chances of tracking issues). It also helps with customer trust when they see a referral link that matches the new Wise brand. Customers are more likely to trust that the wise.com page they land on is secure and correct.
All the tracking links will be redirected to wise.com from 15th March, so you should not see a complete dropoff of conversions.
However, there are several ways in which your campaign will be affected if you do not update your links and content:
- Keeping the old tracking links will impose a number of redirects for the potential customers, which might result in loss of tracking
- If your content and links mention TransferWise, but your audience gets directed to the new wise.com domain and see the new Wise logo, they might not be aware that it is the same brand. This could create distrust and they may not end up converting leading to loss of commission
- Going forward, recognition of Wise as a brand and search volume for Wise will overtake TransferWise.You might lose rankings in Google and increase the disconnect between your content and the brand you are promoting
We recommend keeping any mention of TransferWise in your article URLs.
No. Your affiliate commission rate will stay the same. There are also no legal changes to affiliate agreements for now.
Get in touch with our affiliate team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recently, we’ve had to temporarily restrict how much personal customers can send in one transfer, from certain currencies. Here’s a list of those currencies,...
Annyeonghaseyo Shinhan Bank! 🇰🇷 We’re excited to announce Shinhan Bank has integrated with our Wise Platform to bring cheaper, faster international transfers.
Welcome to the Wise Affiliate Program! In this guide you will find all the information you need to get started, optimize and succeed as a Wise affiliate...
Recommend Wise as a payment method Whether you have an online shop, provide freelance services to clients or sell travel tours, recommending Wise is a great...
Our teams are constantly building new products and features that help us get closer to our mission of building money without borders: moving it instantly,...
Virtual cards are a new feature from Wise to use alongside your green physical debit card. But unlike with a physical card, you can generate new card details...