Whether you have an online shop, provide freelance services to clients or sell travel tours, recommending Wise is a great solution for anyone who receives money from customers via a bank transfer.
When your customers pay you via bank transfer in a foreign currency, their banks will charge international banking fees and apply a marked up exchange rate. This means you receive less money due to hidden fees, that customers don’t know about, or they end up paying the big markup on the transfer, which makes paying for your goods or services becomes much more expensive.
In this guide for our affiliate partners, we want to help you save money for yourself and your customers, as well as let you earn commission for each new user you refer to Wise.
In this post, you will find information about:
- Why recommend Wise?
- Wise logo
- Request a custom landing page
- How to recommend Wise to your customers?
- Information to include on your site
- Customer FAQs
Help your customers save on international payments by recommending Wise as your preferred payment option.
Being part of our affiliate program and using your tracking link to send customers to Wise also means you get a commission for each new user who signs up and makes a cross-currency transaction.
Find out more about Partnerize, reporting and getting commission here.
Log into Partnerize and find your tracking link under ‘Tracking’ in the top navigation bar.
You can use your text link to recommend Wise to your customers or you can include our logo on your website.
If you would like to have a co-branded, customised landing page on the Wise website – email firstname.lastname@example.org and include following:
- Your logo
- Your company name
- Your website and page where you will mention Wise
- Copy for the text in the first section of the page (anything your customers need to include in the transfer)
You can include the following information on your invoice, payment FAQ page or email requesting for payment.
If you are paying us in a foreign currency, we recommend using [Wise]. It’s up to 8 times cheaper than using your local banks, because Wise always use the real exchange rate – which you can see on Google – and charges a very small, upfront fee. They’re also safe, and trusted by over 10 million people around the world.
You can sign up here, and check out this PDF (included below) to see how it works.
Create a Wise account and send a transfer to our bank account:
Invoice amount: $4,000
Bank account details: 1234 5678 1234 5678
Note - hyperlink the word ‘Wise’ with your tracking link
What is Wise?
Wise is the global technology company building the best way to move money around the world.
Wise offers an international account with over 50 currencies, with instant, super-cheap money transfers, and a card to spend in any currency. Wise is on average 7x cheaper than old-school banks when you send, spend, or withdraw money around the world.
How to send money with Wise?
- Go to [wise.com] (include your tracking link here)
- Create your free account
- Set up your transfer – specify the amount, currencies of the sender and receiver, and some information about yourself (for verification)
- [Include any specific instructions here - reference for the transfer, recipient amount, currency]
- Fund the transfer with money from your local bank account, or via debit or credit card
- Wise will send the money to your recipient’s bank account (they don’t need a Wise account, just any bank account)
Other features of the Wise account
- Balances – you can hold and convert money between the 50+ currencies in which we offer Wise balances. We always use the real exchange rate to convert your money which makes our service up to 7 times cheaper than traditional banks.
- Bank details – we offer local bank details in 10 currencies (US dollars, British pounds, Euro, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and Singapore dollar, as well as Hungarian forint, Romanian leu and Turkish lira). You can use these bank details to receive money for free into your Wise account, which you can then convert or hold.
- Direct debits – our US, British pound and Euro bank details allow you to set up direct debits to pay for utility bills or any other subscriptions or automated payments.
- Debit card – with the Wise Visa card, you can spend in over 200 countries without the hidden fees. Add it to your Apple or Google wallets for convenient use.
- Money transfers – send money to over 60 countries at the real exchange rate and low, transparent fees
- Jars – Money in a jar is kept separately from your balances, if you are saving it for something later. You can’t accidentally spend it with your debit card, and you can’t send it or use it to pay Direct Debits. You can open as many jars as you need to organise your money.
1. How much does it cost?
Wise always uses the mid-market exchange rate and charges a small fee for sending money.
The transfer fee depends on the currencies and the amount of the transfer. Visit the pricing page to find out exactly how much money you need to pay for our services by using their currency calculator.
Find out more about how Wise sets prices for transactions here.
2. How long does a transfer take?
30% of all transfers are instant and over 75% of our transfers arrive within 24 hours. Depending on the currencies you are sending, how you choose to fund your transfer and any security checks the delivery time may vary.
You can always check the status of your transfer in your Wise account.
3. Is Wise safe?
Yes. Wise is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK, and many other regulators around the world. They hold Wise to the same standards as banks.
Wise also has great customer support; you can reach them any time by phone, email, or social media. More info here.
Recently, we’ve had to temporarily restrict how much personal customers can send in one transfer, from certain currencies. Here’s a list of those currencies,...
Annyeonghaseyo Shinhan Bank! 🇰🇷 We’re excited to announce Shinhan Bank has integrated with our Wise Platform to bring cheaper, faster international transfers.
Welcome to the Wise Affiliate Program! In this guide you will find all the information you need to get started, optimize and succeed as a Wise affiliate...
Our teams are constantly building new products and features that help us get closer to our mission of building money without borders: moving it instantly,...
Virtual cards are a new feature from Wise to use alongside your green physical debit card. But unlike with a physical card, you can generate new card details...
The Wise public widgets provide an easy way to embed rich, interactive content onto your website. All the Wise widgets feature powerful configuration options...