For the purpose of the relevant data protection regulations, the company in charge of your information is Wise Asia-Pacific Pte. Ltd. with Unique Entity Number 201422384R (Wise", "we", "us", or "our" as applicable), a company incorporated under the laws of Singapore, with its address at 1 Paya Lebar Link, PLQ2, #13-06, Paya Lebar Quarter, Singapore 408533.
1. How do we protect your personal data
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal data and use a secure server to store your personal data. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Transport Layer Security technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
As you will know, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, as we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We restrict access of your personal data to those employees of Wise who have a business reason for knowing such information. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012)) to protect your personal data from unauthorised access.
2. Information we may collect from you
- 2.1 Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or via face-to-face meetings and/or correspondence with us, e.g. email. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information (including credit card, debit card, or bank account information), payment reason, geographical location, social security number, personal description and photograph.
- 2.2 Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- (a) details of the transactions you carry out on our Website or when using our Services, including geographic location from which the transaction originates;
- (b) technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- (c) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our Customer Support number.
- 2.3 Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties and may receive information about you from them for example, banks and payment service providers you use to transfer money to us; banks and payment service providers of your recipient; business partners; sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services; advertising networks; analytics providers; search information providers; and credit reference agencies.
4. Uses made of the information
We use your information in the following ways:
- (a) to carry out our obligations relating to your contracts with us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- (b) to comply with any applicable legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- (c) to notify you about changes to our Services;
- (d) as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure;
- (e) to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- (f) to improve our Website and to ensure other Services are presented in the most effective manner;
- (g) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- (h) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- (i) to provide you with information about other similar goods and services we offer;
- (j) to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you; or
- (k) combine information we receive from other sources with the information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- (a) affiliates, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- (b) advertisers and advertising networks solely to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- (c) analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- (a) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- (b) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our User Agreement and other applicable agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wise, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- (c) to assist us in conducting or co-operating in investigations or proceedings relating to fraud or other illegal activity where we believe it is reasonable and appropriate to do so;
- (d) to prevent and/or detect fraud or crime;
- (e) in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, order or notice of any government authority, public agency, or law enforcement agency, or as otherwise required by law;
- (f) to assess financial and insurance risks;
- (g) to recover debt or in relation to your insolvency; and
- (h) to develop customer relationships, services and systems.
6. Accuracy of your personal data
In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com.
7. Where we transfer and store your personal data
We will cease to retain documents containing your personal data, or remove the means by which such personal can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the retention of such personal data no longer serves the purposes for which it as collected; and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
8. Your rights
On giving reasonable notice to us, you have the right to ask us to stop collecting, using, disclosing and/or otherwise processing your personal data for any or all purposes, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicating the specific purposes for which you would like us to cease collecting, using, disclosing and/or otherwise processing your personal data.
Within 10 Business Days from our receipt of your request, we will notify you of the consequences of our acceding to the same. Please note that, depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our products or services to you. If you do not respond to our notice within 10 Business Days of such notice (e.g., by confirming or retracting your request), we will proceed to process your request.
9. Third party websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. Access to and correction of personal data
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to request for access to your personal data that is in our possession or under our control, as well as information about the ways in which such personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may also have the right to request for us to correct your personal data that is in our possession or under our control. For the avoidance of doubt, this right does not affect your obligations under the User Agreement to provide complete, accurate and truthful information to us during the signup process, and to ensure that the information recorded on your Wise Account is accurate and up to date at all times.