Here are our top tips and potential pitfalls when sending money from China* using Wise. This service is provided in partnership with a third party payment...
The Wise public widgets provide an easy way to embed rich, interactive content onto your website. All the Wise widgets feature powerful configuration options to enable you to tailor their functionality to suit your audience. By including your personal affiliate link in the code, it’s also possible to use the widgets to generate commission from visitors to your website.
In this post, we will show two available widgets and instructions for their implementation on your site:
- Calculator: A currency exchange calculator with route selection, real-time exchange rate, and a transfer quote. Instructions below.
- Comparison: A money transfer comparison table, with or without selectors for the route and amount. Instructions below.
The default calculator looks like this:
The default comparison table looks like this:
Place the following code onto your page where you want the calculator widget to appear:
Note the variables at the start of the script tag above. These can be changed to suit your requirements, according to the table below. Examples of various setups are shown later in this guide.
|sourceCurrencyCode||Set the source currency||"EUR", "GBP", "USD", "INR", etc|
|targetCurrencyCode||Set the target currency||"EUR", "GBP", "USD", "INR", etc|
|sourceAmount||Set the initial value of money to be converted||1000|
|callToActionLabel||Set the value of the CTA button||"Get started"|
|hideCta||Set to true to hide the call to action button||true or false|
|hideDetails||Set to true to hide the rate, savings, etc||true or false|
|affiliateLink||Your affiliate link||"https://wise.prf.hn/click/camref:11001XXXX"|
|lang||Sets the language of the text in the calculator||"en", "pt", "es", "fr", "de", "ru"|
|width||Sets the width of the calculator widget||"580px"|
|height||Sets the height of the calculator widget||"470px"|
Note the default width and height settings (580px wide x 470px high) assume you have details set to true. If details is set to false, the height of the widget container can be reduced accordingly (580px wide x 240px high).
USD to MXN in Spanish with custom CTA button and hidden details:
GBP to INR in English with custom CTA button and full quote breakdown:
Place the following code onto your page where you want the comparison widget to appear. Note that the link will be replaced when the table loads.
The HTML above must be configured depending on which version of the widget you’d like to use. The class attribute on the first line should be set to one of the following two options:
- Comparison complete widget: For a full comparison table with selectors for route and amount, set the class to tw-comparison (note this is the default in the code above).
- Comparison table only: For a static comparison table that is fixed to a particular route and amount, set the class to tw-comparison-table.
Next, set the source currency, target currency, and amount by editing the href attribute. For example, to compare prices for sending 850 GBP to USD in a static comparison table, you’d configure the HTML as follows:
You can configure the table to behave differently using the following optional parameters. They are set as data attributes on the element.
- data-lang: string ISO 639-1. Sets the language of the comparison table. Default is en.
- data-source-country: string ISO 3166-1 alpha-3. Filters results by source country. i.e the origin country from where a user may want to send money from.
- data-provider-country: string ISO 3166-1 alpha-2. Filters by provider country. i.e the country which the provider belongs to (e.g Natwest - GB, ANZ - AU). This property is also useful for only showing national banks, rather than “global” providers (like Western Union, Moneygram, etc).
- data-max-visible-providers: number by default shows 3 providers and the rest are hidden under ‘Show more providers’ link.
- data-expand-disclaimer: boolean. Setting to true will render the table with the disclaimer already opened and scrolls the element into the visible area of the browser window.
- data-affiliate-link: string Your affiliate tracking link. This will determine where users are sent when the click the Send Money CTA.
Examples of possible configurations are provided at the end of this guide.
To render a full comparison table in Spanish, showing quotes for sending 850 GBP to USD, limiting the quotes to 4 specific providers, and using your own personal affiliate link in the CTA, you’d use the following HTML:
To render a static comparison table in English, showing quotes for sending 1500 GBP to USD, you’d configure the HTML as follows:
- It’s currently only possible to render a single comparison widget per page
- It’s not possible to carry over the selected currencies onto the calculator on the Wise homepage when the readers clicks through to wise.com from the widget
This publication is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to cover every aspect of the topics with which it deals. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in this publication. The information in this publication does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice from Wise Payments Limited or its affiliates. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the publication is accurate, complete or up to date.
We're excited to announce that Wise is launching a transfer service to help expats to send money from China.* Wise now supports Chinese Yuan (CNY) transfers...
Hi Affiliates, Since we last updated this page, Wise has undergone some changes. We’re no longer called TransferWise, and have undergone a rebrand -...
Wise has revealed a complete visual makeover, featuring a fresh green palette Our new look and feel features a bold new font, imagery and universal symbols ...
Today, we’re introducing big changes to the way Wise shows up to the world. It’s inspired by what makes us different: you. The people who shape us today — our...
10 million people and businesses gained access fast, cheap international payments powered by Wise in 2022 The new year is in full swing - resolutions are in...