Transfers to Colombian peso (COP) have been one of the most requested routes during the past 12 months. Our customers asked for it and we listened! But, did you know that Wise used to offer transfers to COP?
We launched COP for the first time in October 2015. It rapidly became a popular currency and we helped people save money from hidden fees. However, the service we were offering didn’t meet our standards: it was slow, it still was a bit expensive, and it required paperwork from the recipient to get the money released to their account. It wasn’t ideal for our customers and, therefore, we decided to close the route in May 2017.
Since then, we’ve been working on a solid product for our customers. We wanted to save people’s money while providing a fast, convenient and transparent experience - and now we are ready. Thus, we’re happy to announce the relaunch of transfers to COP! 🚀
Let’s have a look at them!
This time the process of sending money to Colombia is easier, and it doesn’t require any work from the recipient side. This is what you need to know:
- You can send up to the equivalent of 2,900 USD per transfer.
- You can only send money to accounts in Bancolombia, and the recipient’s account should have “abono automático” enabled.
- Your transfer will be very fast! 86% of transfers complete in less than 5 minutes.
- You’ll always get the mid-market rate and you pay only a small transparent fee.
- You can only send personal transfers (no business transfers allowed yet).
|Join Wise and start saving money!|
- From the Wise calculator select your currency and then COP.
- Get the mid-market rate in real time and avoid hidden fees.
- Add the recipient details and pay for your transfer.
- We'll convert your money and we’ll deliver it to your recipient in a few minutes.
Despite improving the experience of transferring Colombian peso, we acknowledge that we still have a lot to do to achieve Wise Mission Zero. Hence, our LatAm Team will keep putting their best foot forward for you, to improve transfer limits, reach more recipients, and lower fees.
Our mission continues. Onwards!
On August 22nd 2021 we silently launched Assets for our UK customers — with many of you spotting it in our app. We’re super excited about this new journey,...
In September, we’re taking another step closer to Mission Zero.
Or sausage roll, or whatever you grab to eat with friends in the UK. Because from 7 September 2021, we’re removing the payout fee for sending GBP from your...
Good news! We have improved the experience of sending US dollars to bank accounts that are denominated in USD outside the US. USD is sent to bank accounts...
Recently, we’ve had to temporarily restrict how much personal customers can send in one transfer, from certain currencies. There are no changes to how much...
Welcome to the Mission Roadmap - a map of how we plan to achieve the mission of building money without borders: moving it instantly, transparently,...