Here are our top tips and potential pitfalls when sending money from China* using Wise. This service is provided in partnership with a third party payment...
The number of instant transfers is back up to 52% in Q4 (a 2% increase from Q3 '22), which is a very good way to round out 2022!
The improvement in speeds are largely down to two changes:
The first, and most exciting, change is that we've made transfers from Brazil instant!
The second is that we're able to run our financial crime screening checks on transfers more reliably, even when we experience high volumes of incoming payments. This has reduced the number of delays and increased the number of transfers being sent instantly.
As if that wasn't enough, the Christmas season brought even more speed gifts for customers:
- Sending money to Malaysia is instant again after we fixed issues with payout partner
- Payouts to Israel sped up from 48 hours to 6 hours, and to the US from an average of 25 hours to 6 hours
- We sped up payouts to Mexico, and now more than 90% of transfers arrive in less than 1 hour
- Payouts to Poland take less than three minutes - before this, 65% of transfers took over an hour
We reduced the number of late transfers by 2%, largely thanks to the fixes we mentioned above.
In addition to this, we've also reduced the number of delays when you send money to Indian Rupees, after working with our partners to make improvements to their performance.
However, we still faced some issues which contributed to delays in Q4:
- We had an issue when paying out transfers to Pakistan which caused delays and ultimately led us to turning off instant transfers on this route
- We had ongoing delays sending money to Brazil due to fund shortages in our account. Now that we have more funds coming in, thanks to our new instant payments from Brazil, we're seeing fewer shortages which means fewer delays
This publication is provided for general information purposes only and is not intended to cover every aspect of the topics with which it deals. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in this publication. The information in this publication does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice from Wise Payments Limited or its affiliates. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content in the publication is accurate, complete or up to date.
There are two types of people in this world. Those who struggle to pick a main course on a Menu and panic order. And those who read the Menu and go full...
WHO recently put together their largest review of world mental health to data (who’s WHO? The World Health Organisation). And back in 2013, all 194 WHO Member...
It goes without saying, studying abroad isn’t kind to one’s wallet. That’s me phrasing it in a polite British way. Direct translation for other cultures: holy...
This guide is for any YouTubers on the Wise Affiliate program who want to create a Wise video. Here, find out how to create your YouTube video, what to...
The internet has all of the answers. Literally all of them. Even if they’re inaccurate. It’s actually a social dilemma that’s had a vastly negative impact on...