Want to save when you send money to India? There’s a smarter, cheaper way to send money internationally.
When you convert currencies with traditional providers, such as a bank, a broker or PayPal, you typically pay a lot more than you expect. On top of fees they charge, they use an exchange rate with a mark-up, which often ends up costing you more than what you thought you’d pay.
Wise is different. We’re on a mission to build faster, cheaper and fairer international payments. Our fees are completely transparent and they’re a fraction of what banks or brokers usually charge. We use the real exchange rate with no mark-up, so you know exactly how much you’re paying every time. It's international banking built the right way.
How Wise works:
- Our transfers are fast, fair and low cost – the fee is typically below 1% of the total amount you're sending plus a small fixed fee.
- You always get the real exchange rate for your money- with no costly mark-up.
- You can make money transfers to INR straight from Wise.com, or from our iOS and Android apps.
- You can send money with Wise directly to other bank accounts or to the Wise borderless account, which lets you spend, send and receive money in multiple currencies.
- Hold over 50 currencies in your account, and convert between them instantly.
- Get paid from abroad for free with local bank details for 6 major currencies.
- Spend internationally with our debit card when you shop online or travel.
Meet Ajay Vishnu, winner of MTV Dropout who went on to found Jetbrain - a robotics company specializing in medical technology to create smarter hospitals.
“Our investment came from Hong Kong, and working out how to move the money to India was a headache. Originally, I tried a big bank, but I ended up paying 6% in fees, and $10,000 was tied up for weeks. That’s where Wise came in. The fees with Wise came to less than 2%, and it’s so much faster. We’ve been using Transferwise for every salary now. It’s much, much better.”
Want to read more about how our customers save? Check out our Lives Without Borders series.
|Wise is proud to help people living international lives. We're there to help you manage your money across borders. Join our 10 million customers at Wise.com, or through our Android or iOS app app.|
Want to save when you send money to Vietnam? There’s a smarter, cheaper way to send money internationally. When you convert currencies with traditional...
Want to save when you send money to Thailand? There’s a smarter, cheaper way to send money internationally. When you convert currencies with traditional...
Want to save when you send money to Indonesia? There’s a smarter, cheaper way to send money internationally. When you convert currencies with traditional...
Here's your step by step guide on making an international money transfer with ING, including fees, rates and transfer time.
Here's your step by step guide on how to make an international money transfer with Nationwide, including fees, rates and more.
Here’s our guide to what you need to know if you’re looking to make an international transfer with AIB, including what information you need.