OwnWise is subject to the relevant Terms and Conditions. The program will be limited to 100,000 customers.
How does OwnWise work?
Find out if you're eligible
Read on to find out if you’re eligible. If you are, register your interest in the program.
If selected, buy shares
OwnWise is limited to 100,000 participants, so it's possible not everyone will get in. If you're selected, we’ll ask you to buy shares in Wise at a specific time after we're listed.
Hold shares long-term
If you're selected, buy shares, and hold those shares for 12 months, we’ll reward you with bonus shares, a chance to come to Mission Days, and other benefits.
Who owns Wise?
Wise started over 10 years ago, and in that time, we've raised money to help us grow. Today, Wise is owned by a number of venture capital firms that invested in us, our co-founders Kristo and Taavet, and over 4,000 current and former Wisers (employees).
We recently gave almost 2,000 of our most active customers a gift of one share each in Wise. We started down this path because we believe our customers should also be given the opportunity to be shareholders.
You’ve been with us from early on, and you understand the problems we’re trying to solve. It’s only natural you should have a say in how Wise is built and run. We believe having our customers play a bigger part in our mission of money without borders will help us move faster towards mission complete.
We are now a publicly traded company. We became a public company in a way known as a direct listing. Listing this way meant that retail and institutional investors could both buy shares at the same time and in the same way. No one got preferential treatment. If you’re curious about what this means, check out our Investor site.
Becoming a publicly listed company isn’t the end of our journey. Plenty of work remains to make Wise cheaper, faster, and more convenient.
But this does let our customers own a part of Wise. We tell Wisers that they haven’t signed up to work at a company — but on a mission. Our shareholders should have the same mindset. Whether you own a small or large piece of Wise, you’re not just buying a part of the company. You’re supporting our progress on creating money without borders.
We’ve built Wise in a sustainable way, with real revenue and profits, and we don’t plan to change that. But we’re working on a difficult, structural problem that will take a long time to solve.
If you’re a customer and want to support long-term progress on our mission by becoming an owner of Wise, we want to support that.
OwnWise plans to support customers who become long-term shareholders. It's expected to offer eligible, selected customers a range of benefits.
- If you’re an eligible selected customer, and buy shares of Wise during the OwnWise Eligibility Period (as defined below), and continue to hold them for 12 months, you’ll receive bonus shares.
- These bonus shares in Wise will represent 5% of the initial value of the shares you bought in the OwnWise Eligibility Period (up to a maximum cost to Wise of £100 per customer)
- In other words, you’ll get a 5% bonus (in the form of shares) on the initial value of your shares, up to £100 (rounded down to the nearest whole share).
- A chance to win a trip to our annual conference, Mission Days
- Invite to the OwnWise Community, including special sessions with the Wise team
How does OwnWise work?
Make sure you're eligible
To qualify for OwnWise, you need to:
- Be an active Wise customer
- Be located in the UK or EU (and not restricted by law or regulation from receiving and holding shares in Wise, or from any other OwnWise benefits)
- Be able to receive the grant of OwnWise benefits without Wise having to take additional legal or procedural steps as a result of local laws or regulations in order to grant you OwnWise bonus shares or any other OwnWise benefits.
- Not be a current or former employee of Wise or any Wise Group company.
Register your interest
- OwnWise is limited to 100,000 customers.
- If you’re eligible, you need to register your interest by the deadline. By registering your interest, you're not agreeing to buy anything yet.
Become a Wise owner
- If your registration is successful, you’ll need to purchase shares in your eligibility period which will vary and is defined based on your country of residence ("OwnWise Eligibility Period").
- You’ll need to hold the same shares continuously for 12 months from the close of your eligibility period.
There are lots of ways to buy shares of companies that are listed in the UK. Depending on where you live, local securities laws and your preference, you'll need to find a brokerage and purchase your shares from there. We'll provide information before any purchasing periods open on stock brokerages that tell us they expect to be able to offer trading in Wise shares.
You don't need to be eligible for OwnWise to purchase shares in Wise. Since Wise shares are publicly traded, anyone with an appropriate brokerage account will be able to buy shares. If you don't see Wise shares available through your broker, contact them and ask for them to start offering Wise shares.
Make sure OwnWise is right for you
The benefits of OwnWise, both financial and non-financial, may be considered taxable income in the location where you’re a tax resident. You’ll be responsible for any tax due and for including relevant information in your tax return if required.
The Wise prospectus, if published, will include information on the tax implications of being a shareholder.
You should remember that the price and value of securities can go down as well as up, and past performance is not a guide to future performance. The contents of this webpage are not to be construed as legal, business, financial, or tax advice and each customer or prospective investor should consult his, her or its own legal adviser, business adviser, financial adviser or tax adviser for legal, financial, business or tax advice in relation to a purchase of any securities. Any purchase of securities carries financial risk, and decisions should be made based on your own financial position and risk appetite.
If you’re considering purchasing Wise shares, you should consult all relevant documentation of the company’s listing process, including visiting our Investors page.
Are you ready to OwnWise?
Log in to see if you're eligible and register your interest.
Got another question?
There's a team ready to help you
- Live Chat