Unlock the full potential of Suncoast Credit Union international wire transfers with our comprehensive guide.
Amazon is a truly global business: it has numerous different versions for different countries, ships to even more places around the world, and operates in a variety of languages too.
Keen to explore what e-books are available from a Kindle store overseas? You could be based in the US but want to browse the UK Kindle library, which has a different selection of books. To help you, we’ll show you how to
change the country on Amazon.
Before you get started, a quick word.
Some banks and money transfer providers may offer less favorable exchange rates to you, but we have a solution.
Wise saves you money on international transfer fees by connecting local accounts globally, which can be a better option than using your own bank account when sending money overseas.
If you open a Wise Account, you can also order an international card for a one-time fee⁴ to spend online or in 174 countries. There are no foreign transaction fees, only a small fee⁴ for converting currency at the mid-market rate when you spend.
Get the following with a Wise Account:
- Low-cost money transfers, using the mid-market rate plus a small fee⁴
- Manage 50+ currencies on your account
- Local bank details to get paid in 10 different currencies
- Multi-currency direct debits
- For a fee⁴, order the Wise international debit card, for low-cost spending in 174 countries and on online platforms such as Amazon
Here’s what you need to do, step by step. Remember: this is about changing your country of residence, not your delivery address - you can do that easily when you’re buying something.
- Go to the Amazon site you usually use.
- Look for the 'Sign in' option in the top right corner.
- If you're already logged in, your first name will be displayed in that location.
- Go to the drop-down menu when you log in and select 'Manage Your Content and Devices'. Make sure you're on the correct Amazon site, otherwise, you won't see your Kindle content.
- To access your Kindle content, go to your 'default' Amazon site. For instance, if you normally use Amazon in the UK, with a UK address, then your ‘default’ store will probably be the UK version of Amazon. But if you’re on the US version of the site, even though you can log in with the same account details, you won’t be able to see your Kindle content.
- Once you're in the right place, you should see a list of all your Kindle titles and other digital purchases.
- Go to 'Settings' and select 'Country Settings'.
- Check your 'Current country' and hit 'Change' to switch to a different country.
But hold on! You might not need to do this. If you’re eligible to shop in one Amazon digital content store, you might be allowed to transfer your account to another one. For instance, UK shoppers might be allowed to choose to shop for digital content at Amazon.com, without even having to register an American address. You’ll see this option, if it applies to you, under ‘Country Settings’.
|💡 If you want to do this, then click through - but do make sure you read the terms and conditions. Seriously. Switching digital stores affects any existing purchases that you have: you might not be able to access any videos you’ve bought, for example. So don’t do this lightly.
Note as well that you’ll probably have to make any purchases in the currency of the store you use: someone in the UK choosing to use the US store, for example, will have to pay in dollars.
Therefore, you should make sure that you have a cost-effective way of doing this, and that your bank isn’t going to charge you a fortune every time you buy an e-book.
|💡 To find out how to change language on Amazon, read our article here. **
Quite a few. And don’t forget that if your country doesn’t have its own dedicated Amazon store, you can still use another country’s - the US one is the biggest - and see if things can be shipped over to you.
Here’s a current guide to what different country specific Amazons exist - as well as which languages they operate in².
|Country or region
|Japanese, English, Chinese
|Amazon.com.sg (prime only)
If you’re wondering what Souq is, it’s a subsidiary of Amazon that operates in the Middle East³.
Good luck navigating the confusing worlds of the different international Amazons, whether you’re just looking to change languages, or exploring the digital stores of different countries. We hope you find what you’re looking for.
All sources checked on 21 March 2023
This publication is provided for general information purposes and does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice from Wise Payments Limited or its subsidiaries and its affiliates, and it is not intended as a substitute for obtaining advice from a financial advisor or any other professional.
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether expressed or implied, that the content in the publication is accurate, complete or up to date.
Delve into the comprehensive guide on LBC Money Transfer International, exploring its services, process, and benefits.
Learn the nuances, explore the processes, and unravel the essentials for international wire transfers with SoFi.
Dive deep into the processes, fees, and features to optimize your experience in global money movement with Marcus.
Explore the depths of Chime international transfer, understand the procedures, and dive into its benefits.
Explore comprehensive steps on how to send money from Chime to Cash App. Delve into detailed guides, pro tips, and troubleshooting advice for a smooth transacti