Travel money card
Going abroad? Save with a travel money card.
The Wise debit card is like having your travel money on a card – it lets you spend and send money around the world at the real exchange rate.
Avoid hidden fees in the exchange rate while withdrawing from millions of ATMs abroad, paying in restaurants and shops, and buying your accommodation and flights.
You can hold up to 50+ currencies at once, and convert them in real time with the free Wise app.
Benefits of the Wise debit card.
- Send and spend money in more than 50 different currencies
- No need to exchange and carry cash
- Powered by Mastercard
- Accepted in shops and restaurants all over the world
- Free ATM withdrawals from more than 2 million ATMs worldwide (up to $250 per month)
- Use with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Our free app lets you top-up, check your balance and transactions, and convert in real time
- Instant transaction notifications on your phone
- Chip and PIN and contactless-enabled
- Freeze your card if it’s lost or stolen
We’re up to 15x cheaper than high street debit and credit cards.
We asked an independent research agency to compare our travel money card to 21 banks worldwide. Here’s how we compare to US current accounts for managing your money abroad.
Compare the costs
|Send $250 to EUR|
|Spend $250 on debit card in EUR|
|Withdraw $250 cash / month in EUR|
|Receive AUD, NZD, EUR, GBP, PLN and USD into your account|
Data collected by an independent research agency.
What is a travel money card?
Have your travel money on a card.
A travel money card, sometimes called a currency card, is a type of a card which allows you to keep multiple currencies, and use the card while travelling the world with no hidden fees to worry about.
You can hold up to 50+ currencies at once, and convert them at the mid-market rate with the free Wise app.
You don’t even need to have the money converted beforehand — simply use the card in stores, coffee shops, online or withdraw from ATMs, and we’ll convert the amount automatically for you for a low fee.
Get your travel money card in 3 simple steps.
Order your card.
Create your free Wise account and order your holiday money card. It’ll arrive within 2 weeks of your order.
Choose your currencies.
Activate any of the 50+ currencies that we offer, and top your account up.
Spend on your holidays without rip-off fees.
Start using your card abroad. It’s accepted anywhere in the world that accepts Mastercard.
Prepaid travel cards, depending on the provider, can come with different fees such as initial load fees, reload fees, ATM fees and even inactivity fees. The Wise debit card allows you to add money to your card without fees by sending it through your bank.
Another difference is that prepaid travel cards might not be reliable for reservations like booking hotels, cars or cruises — or anything that requires a deposit. In addition to that, it can take from two to three business days for a transaction to a prepaid travel card to clear. The Wise debit card allows you to choose the method, and with that, the speed of how fast you need the money on your card.
Your card and activation instructions will arrive within 2 weeks of your order.
Once you have activated your card, you can add as many of our 50+ different currencies as you like. Top your account up via debit card or bank transfer, and you’ll be ready to use your new card around the world.
With the Wise debit card you can:
- Withdraw your money from millions of ATMs all over the world
- Pay for meals in restaurants, cafes and bars
- Pay for accommodation or flights online
- Spend in shops, or shop online in more than 50 different currencies
Don’t worry – it’s easy to freeze and replace your Wise card. If your card gets lost or stolen, here’s what to do.
- Freeze your card by logging into your Wise account. This will stop any transactions from taking place.
- Contact us via email or phone. We’ll put a permanent block on your card.
- Confirm via email that you understand your card will be blocked. We want to make sure before going ahead.
- Order a new card like you did the first time. We’ll ask you to confirm your name and mailing address.
Once we have these details, we’ll get your new card on its way to you.
More tips for saving money on holiday.
Avoid rip-off fees.
- Don’t exchange cash at the airport – it’s much cheaper to withdraw money from an ATM with your travel money card
- Always choose the local currency (without conversion) when withdrawing money from ATMs or using your card in shops and restaurants
- If you need to pay for your holiday in a foreign currency, transfer your money with Wise
- Download the free Wise app and manage your balance on the go
Top up and spend your holiday money in over 50 currencies.
The Wise multi-currency travel money card is safe and secure.
We're trusted by 10 million people and counting.
TransferWise Inc. is registered with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) with money service business registration number 31000065314305. It is licensed as a money transmitter in the states listed here and supervised by regulatory authorities in each of those states.
All money in your Wise Borderless Account is stored and safeguarded securely in our bank accounts in the US, the UK or Australia depending on the country of residence in your profile.
Over 7 million customers have trusted us to move their money around the world. We move more than $6 billion every month at Wise - and we take the safety and security of your money seriously.
Get your travel money card.
Start saving money abroad.