Indian rupee card in the US
Living in the US and travelling often to India? Indian rupee and multi-currency card lets you convert your local currency to spend when travelling to India. This multi-currency card will give you the best rate for spending in Indian rupee and 50+ other currencies.
Available in the United States and 30+ other countries. See availability
10 million happy customers
100,000+ reviews on Trustpilot
Customers love Wise
Fully authorised by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN)
Save money when travelling to India.
How does an Indian rupee card work?
The Wise debit card is like having your Indian rupees on a card – it lets you spend and send money around the world at the real exchange rate.
Avoid hidden fees in the exchange rate while withdrawing from millions of ATMs abroad, paying in restaurants and shops, and buying your accommodation and flights.
You can hold up to 50+ currencies at once, and convert them in real time with the free Wise app.
Benefits of the Wise Indian rupee card.
Why get an Indian rupee currency card from Wise?
- Send and spend money in Indian rupee and more than 50 different currencies
- No need to exchange and carry cash
- Spend in multiple currencies online
- Accepted in shops and restaurants all over the world
- Free ATM withdrawals from more than 2 million ATMs worldwide (up to $250 per month)
- Our free app lets you top-up, check your balance and transactions, and convert in real time
- Instant transaction notifications on your phone
- Chip and PIN and contactless-enabled
- Freeze your card if it’s lost or stolen
Get your Indian rupee card in 3 simple steps.
Order your card.
Create your free Wise account and order your Indian rupee card. It’ll arrive within 2 weeks of your order.
Choose your currencies.
Activate Indian rupee or any of the other 50+ currencies that we offer, and top your account up.
Spend in India without rip-off fees.
Start using your Indian rupee debit card abroad.
Where is the Indian rupee currency card available?
Wise travel money card can be ordered from the US and over 30 other countries to send, spend and receive Indian rupee.
If you don't have an address in the US, the Wise debit card might not be available to you, so it's best to check if Wise card is available in your country.
Bear in mind, that the Indian rupee card is not available for users based in India yet.
How to activate your Indian rupee currency card.
Get ready for your travels.
Your card and activation instructions will arrive within 2 weeks of your order.
Once you’ve activated, you can add Indian rupee and as many of our 50+ different currencies as you like. Top your account up via debit card or bank transfer, and you’ll be ready to use your new card around the world.
Send and spend Indian rupees and more than 50 other currencies.
What can you use our Indian rupee card for?
- Withdraw money from millions of ATMs all over the world
- Pay for meals in restaurant, cafes and bars
- Pay for accommodation or flights online
- Spend in shops, or shop online in more than 50 different currencies
More tips for saving in India.
Avoid rip-off fees.
- Don’t exchange cash at the airport – it’s much cheaper to withdraw money from an ATM with your travel money card
- Always choose the local currency (without conversion) when withdrawing money from ATMs or using your card in shops and restaurants
- If you need to pay for your holiday in a foreign currency, transfer your money with Wise
- Download the free Wise app and manage your balance on the go
What if your Indian rupee card gets lost or stolen?
Don’t worry – it’s easy to freeze and replace your Wise card. If it’s lost or stolen, here’s what to do.
- Freeze your card by logging into your Wise account. This will stop any transactions from taking place.
- Contact us via email or phone. We'll cancel your card for you.
- Confirm via email that you understand your card will be blocked. We want to make sure before going ahead.
- Order a new card like you did the first time. We’ll ask you to confirm your name and mailing address.
Once we have these details, we’ll get your new card on its way to you.
The Wise Indian rupee currency card is safe and secure.
We're trusted by 10 million people and counting.
Wise operates as a foreign entity and is supervised by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
All money in your Wise Borderless Account is stored and safeguarded securely in our bank accounts in the US or UK, New Zealand or Australia depending on the country of residence in your profile.
Over 10 million customers have trusted us to move their money around the world. We move more than $6 billion every month at Wise - and we take the safety and security of your money seriously.
Get your Indian rupee card
Start saving money abroad.