The unjust, racist treatment of Black communities in the United States and around the world is rightly driving outrage and calls for action by people everywhere, including many of our team.
We stand against anti-Black racism and racism in any form. We stand with the Black community. We stand with protests around the world. Black lives matter.
Part of our mission is to create a more open world. We don’t have all the answers, but we have a responsibility not to be silent, to speak out against racism, and to stand with our employees, customers, and communities against injustice.
We've compiled some resources about the history behind the Black Lives Matter movement, how to contribute to a relevant cause, and some places to look for help if you need it.
Learn more about the movement and issues of systemic racism.
- Anti-Racism for Beginners – a guide to books, thought leaders, and online resources
- Campaign Zero – policy solutions to end police brutality in the US
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Change.org petition – justice for George Floyd
- Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race – Reni Eddo-Lodge
- I Am Not Your Baby Mother – Candice Brathwaite
- Between the World and Me – Ta-Nehisi Coates
Learn where you can get or enable mental health support:
- Crisis Text Line – free, 24/7 mental health support available by texting HOME to 741741 (US only)
- The Loveland Foundation – a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to Black women and girls seeking mental health support through their Therapy Fund
Learn where you can donate if you’d like to:
- George Floyd Memorial Fund – the official GoFundMe to support the Floyd family
- The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund – a legal organization fighting for racial justice
- Equal Justice Initiative – an organization committed to ending mass incarceration in the United States
This publication is provided for general information purposes and does not constitute legal, tax or other professional advice from Wise Payments Limited or its subsidiaries and its affiliates, and it is not intended as a substitute for obtaining advice from a financial advisor or any other professional.
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether expressed or implied, that the content in the publication is accurate, complete or up to date.