Travel money card
Going abroad from Australia? Save with a travel money card.
The Wise travel money card is like having your travel money on a card – it lets you send and spend money around the world at the real exchange rate.
Avoid hidden fees in the exchange rate while withdrawing from millions of ATMs abroad, paying in restaurants and shops, and buying your accommodation and flights.
You can hold up to 50+ currencies at once, and convert them in real time with the free Wise app.
Benefits of the Wise travel money card.
- Send and spend money in more than 50 different currencies
- No need to exchange and carry cash
- Virtual card feature
- Accepted in shops and restaurants all over the world
- Free ATM withdrawals from more than 2 million ATMs worldwide (up to $350 per month)
- Use with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Our free app lets you top-up, check your balance and transactions, and convert in real time
- Instant transaction notifications on your phone
- Chip and PIN and contactless-enabled
- Freeze your card if it’s lost or stolen
We’re up to 15x cheaper than high street debit and credit cards.
We asked an independent research agency to compare our travel money card to 21 banks worldwide. Here’s how we compare to Australian current accounts for managing your money abroad.
Compare the costs
|Send $250 to USD|
|Spend $250 on debit card in USD|
|Withdraw $250 cash / month in USD|
|Receive AUD, NZD, EUR, GBP, PLN and USD into your account|
Data collected by an independent research agency.
What is a travel money card?
Have your travel money on a card.
A travel money card, sometimes called a travel card, is a type of a card which allows you to keep multiple currencies, and use the card while travelling the world with no hidden fees to worry about.
You can hold up to 50+ currencies at once, and convert them at the mid-market rate with the free Wise app.
You don’t even need to have the money converted beforehand — simply use the card in stores, coffee shops, online or withdraw from ATMs, and we’ll convert the amount automatically for you for a low fee.
Get your travel money card from Australia in 3 simple steps.
Order your card.
Create your free Wise account and order your holiday money card. It’ll arrive within 2 weeks of your order.
Choose your currencies.
Activate any of the 50+ currencies that we offer, and top your account up.
Spend on your holidays without rip-off fees.
Start using your card abroad and spend like a local.
More tips for saving money on holiday.
Avoid rip-off fees.
- Don’t exchange cash at the airport – it’s much cheaper to withdraw money from an ATM with your travel money card
- Always choose the local currency (without conversion) when withdrawing money from ATMs or using your card in shops and restaurants
- If you need to pay for your holiday in a foreign currency, transfer your money with Wise
- Download the free Wise app and manage your balance on the go
Top up and spend your holiday money in over 50 currencies.
The Wise multi-currency travel money card is safe and secure.
We're trusted by 12 million people and counting.
TransferWise Ltd is a designated remittance provider registered with the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC) IND100428576-001. We’re regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), Australia Financial Services Licence (AFSL) number 456295.
All money in your Wise Borderless Account is stored and safeguarded securely in our bank accounts in Australia, the UK or USA depending on the country of residence in your profile.
Over 12 million customers have trusted us to move their money around the world. We move more than $6 billion every month at Wise - and we take the safety and security of your money seriously.
Get your travel money card from Australia.
Start saving money abroad.