Transfers to Colombian peso (COP) have been one of the most requested routes during the past 12 months. Our customers asked for it and we listened! But, did you know that Wise used to offer transfers to COP?
We launched COP for the first time in October 2015. It rapidly became a popular currency and we helped people save money from hidden fees. However, the service we were offering didn’t meet our standards: it was slow, it still was a bit expensive, and it required paperwork from the recipient to get the money released to their account. It wasn’t ideal for our customers and, therefore, we decided to close the route in May 2017.
Since then, we’ve been working on a solid product for our customers. We wanted to save people’s money while providing a fast, convenient and transparent experience - and now we are ready. Thus, we’re happy to announce the relaunch of transfers to COP! 🚀
Let’s have a look at them!
This time the process of sending money to Colombia is easier, and it doesn’t require any work from the recipient side. This is what you need to know:
- You can send up to the equivalent of 2,900 USD per transfer.
- You can only send money to accounts in Bancolombia, and the recipient’s account should have “abono automático” enabled.
- Your transfer will be very fast! 86% of transfers complete in less than 5 minutes.
- You’ll always get the mid-market rate and you pay only a small transparent fee.
- You can only send personal transfers (no business transfers allowed yet).
|Join Wise and start saving money!|
- From the Wise calculator select your currency and then COP.
- Get the mid-market rate in real time and avoid hidden fees.
- Add the recipient details and pay for your transfer.
- We'll convert your money and we’ll deliver it to your recipient in a few minutes.
Despite improving the experience of transferring Colombian peso, we acknowledge that we still have a lot to do to achieve Wise Mission Zero. Hence, our LatAm Team will keep putting their best foot forward for you, to improve transfer limits, reach more recipients, and lower fees.
Our mission continues. Onwards!
Recently, we’ve had to temporarily restrict how much personal customers can send in one transfer, from certain currencies. There are no changes to how much...
Welcome to the Mission Roadmap - a map of how we plan to achieve the mission of building money without borders: moving it instantly, transparently,...
What if we told you it can take people up to 10 minutes to use your account details to send you money? First they have to ask you for them, then they have to...
Over the last few weeks you might’ve received a few emails from other financial brands you hold money with. This is because the Financial Conduct Authority...
Annyeonghaseyo Shinhan Bank! 🇰🇷 We’re excited to announce Shinhan Bank has integrated with our Wise Platform to bring cheaper, faster international transfers.
Welcome to the Wise Affiliate Program! In this guide you will find all the information you need to get started, optimize and succeed as a Wise affiliate...